Don't GO through life....GROW through LIFE

Don't GO through life.....GROW through LIFE

Friday, February 25, 2011

Friends: Can You Stand The Rain?

"Sunny days, everybody loves them. Tell me baby, can you stand the rain" -New Edition

Its a rainy day in NYC which made me think of that New Edition song. It has a good point. We all have those so-called "friends" who are around when everything is peachy. As soon as a "storm" comes around, they can't seem to weather the storm. In life we all go through good and bad times. Its during those bad times, we see who is really there for us. The person you can be closest to may not be the one who is there for you.
As we grow older we need to re-evaluate certain friendships. Keep in mind, just because the person isn't there through those bad times doesn't ALWAYS mean they aren't your friend. But it does say a lot about that person's character. If the person makes it a Habit of never being there, then that does determine his/her character. Friends come and go, but God is ALWAYS there for you. Don't pray only when you're in distress, God is there through the good, bad, and the ugly. He wants that friendship with you. Take my word, when you build a relationship with God, you will see which friends are really there for you. God will place positive people in your life to help you grow and follow that path. He will also show you negative people, so you can be wise and able to discern the real from the fake.
When your friendships enter adulthood, there has to be some kind of substance to it. If you're still talking about high school, your friendship has NOT grown. If all you do is party together, that's NOT a friendship of substance. A friend doesn't have to call you 24/7 but knowing you can count on them is important. Remember Family is number one. I know everyone's situation is different, but I know my family is always there for me. I am also thankful to have those very few friends that I know I can count on :)
I hope my readers are blessed with that as well :)

God Bless You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment