Don't GO through life....GROW through LIFE

Don't GO through life.....GROW through LIFE

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ladies, Let The Man Be The Man!

I haven't written a blog in a few days. This is gonna sound random but I know there is a lesson behind this somewhere,LOL.
This morning, I was thinking about this guy that I used to like. I mean I really liked him, not just because of his looks. He seemed to be the Mr "Quality". Great personality, good conversation, goals, and most importantly, he has a relationship with God. I mean what more can you ask for right?
I think I was a bit too assertive for him though. I am the type of woman to go after what I want in life period, but is that really a good thing as far as romance is involved?
I believe that men do appreciate an intelligent, successful woman who knows what she wants, but they more than likely won't appreciate a relationship being RUN by the woman.

One thing I can say is: DON'T CHASE A MAN!!

I know it's hard just sitting around waiting for him to ask you out or make all the plans. Men like to pursue, so they get turned off when they feel as if a woman is doing the chasing. But its also hard NOT to especially when you're really interested. This makes a lot of women confused.
As women, we think by sending text messages throughout the day or calling to make plans for dates is sweet and innocent. Its really not considered romantic for women to take that lead because then he feels out of control. You think you're being direct and honest by showing your interest in him, but in reality it just makes a woman look needy and maybe even desperate. You may want to "run the show" and maybe sometimes that will work and he will follow, but that's kind of a slim chance in my opinion.
I know its this whole "modern times" thing people will say. But I don't think this is something that will ever really change. Men want to be the MAN and I think a woman should let him be just that.
This is just my opinion from my experience. You don't necessarily have to play hard to get, but just let him come to you. If he's not making a move, he may either be shy OR he isn't interested. But don't feel bad about trying to go for what you want. At the end of the day, at least you tried, if it was meant to work out it would and will.
Also, being assertive is a good trait it can help you become successful in life, it just may not be successful as far as romance is concerned. LOL! Sorry to laugh about it, but really, on a serious note.
My advice would be to use these experiences as a learning lesson. Each day we grow and learn something as it relates to life. We should also work on applying it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment